There are a lot of people who would like to purchase their very own record players but because the brand new record players are expensive, there are some who opt to purchase second hand record players instead.
When you check out record players online, you will find that there are so many varieties that are available and searching for the right ones can actually be a bit hard to do.
You have to remember that you cannot choose the very first record player that you see. You have to put a lot of thought into the things that you will purchase especially if you plan on using it for a long time.
Table of Contents
- 1 Do’s and Don’ts of Purchasing a Second Hand Record Player:
- 1.1 1. Do make sure that you will purchase a record player that is in good condition.
- 1.2 2. Do choose a record player with a good engineering quality.
- 1.3 3. Do choose a record player with a stylus that is still in good condition.
- 1.4 4. Do not purchase a record player with obvious signs of damage.
- 1.5 5. Do not buy a record player that cannot play your records.
- 1.6 6. Do not purchase a record player if you do not know its form.
Do’s and Don’ts of Purchasing a Second Hand Record Player:
Here are some of the things that you have to consider when you are purchasing a second hand record player:
1. Do make sure that you will purchase a record player that is in good condition.
You may be tempted to purchase the record player that has been recommended by a friend of yours without knowing its actual condition but remember that if you would purchase a record player that is not in good condition anymore, there is a big chance that it will break down easily when you are using it. You will not benefit from this at all.
2. Do choose a record player with a good engineering quality.
Do you know why you need to purchase a quality turntable? The reason for this is simple. If you would choose a turntable that is not created well, there is a big chance that it will break down after some time. There is a possibility that the record player will easily become misaligned and you would have to have it repaired often.
3. Do choose a record player with a stylus that is still in good condition.
Without the stylus, it will be impossible for the record player to play. With that said, you have to make sure that what you will purchase still has a stylus that can last for a long period of time. Do remember that assessing the condition of the stylus can be a bit complicated and this makes purchasing a record player somewhat tricky. The seller would have to be honest with the current condition of the stylus and the record player as a whole so that you know if you are purchasing a record player that is worth it or not.
4. Do not purchase a record player with obvious signs of damage.
If you see a record player that you have always wanted to have in terms of brand and model but you see that there are obvious signs of damage, it will be best not to purchase this record player anymore as this will not last long unless you plan on having a record player that you can just display inside your room.
5. Do not buy a record player that cannot play your records.
What type of records do you have? Do you have 33s, 78s or 45s? If you would purchase a record player that can only play 78s but you do not own any 78s, how will purchasing this record player be beneficial for you? Pay special attention to the type of records that you own and you know that you need not worry about anything at all.
6. Do not purchase a record player if you do not know its form.
You have to remember that there are different forms of record players that are available. You may be able to choose a record player that is quite different from what you have expected to get. Remember that there are gramophones, portables and radiograms that you can choose from. Out of all these forms, you have to know which record player you are searching for.
Now that you already know the various things that you can consider when you are about to get the right record player, you have to remember that once you are able to choose a record player that is still in mint condition, you know that you have purchased correctly. The best part is that you are able to save your money too to purchase something better.